How about taking a few steps with the dance schools and companies of Ixelles, during participative sessions on the Place Fernand Cocq, the Square du Vieux Tilleul and the Place du Châtelain? Hip hop, folk, rumba, afro, tango or mbalax are on the programme of this festive day for beginners or experienced dancers, young or old! Let’s dance!
With: Get Down, Nosotros Tango, Move Dance Zone, Yantra, Folk Addikt, ASSBE, Tango Factory, Kimuntu.
Square du Vieux Tilleul
- 14:00 tango by Nosotros Tango
- 15:30 balfolk by Folk Addikt
- 17:00 Congolese rumba by Kimuntu – Kevin Mambele (DJ) & Ndandu Welkenhuysen (dance)
In the Chapelle de Boondael, the exhibition Tango ya bakoko, a sound and photographic journey into the heart of Belgo-Congolese history, also takes place. By Nguizani Mansuela and Leila Lahbi M.
- Saturday 8 October – 14:00-18:00
- Place Fernand Coq, Place du Châtelain, Square du Vieux Tilleul
- No reservation required